Notes - Group 4 - 2018/2019, Semester B, Quartile 3
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="https://www.tue.nl/favicon-64.ico" type="image/x-icon"> <link rel=http://cstwiki.wtb.tue.nl/index.php?title=PRE2018_3_Group4&action=edit"stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme.css">
- Page navigation
We present notes that were taken during the meeting with the professors.
- We should focus on a certain context rather than considering the problem in general.
- Consider when something is allowed and when it is not allowed with respect to drones around airports.
- Look at a debate Royakkers attended regarding rules and the regulation of drones.
- Look at the guidelines that should be set in stone on the first of March in the Netherlands.
- For the assignment, we have to have a clear idea of the product we want to deliver, in our case for airports. We have decided to create a decision model for airports to be able to choose a possible solution based on certain characteristics of the airports and dependent on the budget for investment in the technologies.
- Look at/investigate the information/decisions that need to be used in the decision model. Possible way of doing this is to look at the difference between the airports of the Netherlands and look how this difference could affect the chosen solution.
- Get requirements of airports to help get a clear vision of the needs of airports for the solution, so contact Dutch airports.
- Do a cost analysis, on basis of Gatwick airport attack, to check how much airports want to invest on the solutions.
- For the report, do the following:
- Research literature on how to create a decision model.
- A more concise and clear list of existing solutions.
- Expand the list of advantages and disadvantages of the solutions on basis of demands of airports, such that the solution of use of eagles and geofencing does not seem like the best solution anymore.
- For the assignment, we talked about our recommendation report. We were told that we needed to have a much clearer and concrete idea of what kind of deliverable we have at the end of the project.
- As of now, we have that we want to make a decision model that recommends the most ideal type of anti-UAV communication system for a given user of the decision model. He / She fills in her preferences in the decision model, and based on that and the underlying decision rule in the decision model, we can give a (list of) recommendation(s) to the user.
- We need to look in getting a more concrete picture of this decision model, and also need to investigate into different types of decision models.
- The professors were happy with the surprising news regarding the contact with a higher-up at Eindhoven Airport that was interested in the project.
- We should use this contact in order for model validation.
- A design of a solution for Eindhoven Airport was out of the question as it would be too much extra effort.
- The idea of the decision model and its workings seemed good, but we had to be careful and validate it as it is possible to turn some knobs and let certain things weigh more and others weigh less. It is now important to get the right configuration and prove that this configuration is right.
Back to the root page.