Jump to navigation Jump to search
To start Pico please follow the following steps:
- Power on Pico, the on-off switch is on the bottom, on the opposite site of the emergency button (it should be pushed forward).
- Boot up the laptop, password is pico123
- Open a terminal and type
ssh picoto login on Pico's computer, the password is again pico123
- In the same terminal type
pstartto start all the nodes on Pico (controllers and drivers)
- N.B. leave this terminal open
Pico is now up and running. To run your own software follow these steps:
- Open a new terminal and login to Pico again:
ssh picowith password pico123.
- Go to your group's folder:
cd ~/ros/groovy/emc/groups/emc<group number>
- Update your folder:
svn upUse your own username and password, if the wrong username is already filled in, just hit enter to clear it.
- The rest works the same as on your own pc.
When you want to use RVIZ or your own visualization, you can run it on the laptop:
- Open a new terminal
pico-coreto listen to the ros-master on Pico (only in the current terminal).
- Open RVIZ by typing
rosrun rviz rviz
- Please do not save any settings when closing RVIZ