Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
In here, one can find the programs that are going to be used for this course and the proper way of operating them. If one encounters a problem/error, this is typically resolved in the tutorial. If not, then one can also consult the FAQ.
- Installing Ubuntu
- Customizing Ubuntu
- Do the following C++ tutorials:
- cplusplus.com: up to and including Name visibility
- MIT's Introduction to C++: up to and including Classes
- For now, use a simple editor such as gedit (the ubuntu version of Notepad). We will install a more advanced editor (IDE - Integrated Development Environment) later.
- Once you have saved your C++ program (e.g. as example.cpp), it can be compiled from a terminal using:
g++ example.cpp -o exampleand run with
- Installing the MRC environment
- Setting up your project
- Setting up an IDE
- Setting up the PICO simulator
- Towards an autonomous robot
- Obtaining laser, odometry, and control effort data
- Sharing your project through git
- Full Example