0LAUK0 2015 01 Week5
Week 5： 28-09-15
Frank van Heeswijk
-Made a discrete event simulator based on React.NET framework
The simulator is able to simulate multiple buses, bus stops and passengers interacting with each other.
Basically there are 3 different kind of process running in the simulator
1. Bus is keep running around and retrieving next destination from the scheduler interface
2. Passenger is another process trigged by bus at bus stops. On/off action will take certain amount of time for each passenger.
3. Simulator itself acts as environment. It generates passengers using Exponential distribution and step through random time generated using Normal distribution.
There's still a lot to do to make the simulation complete:
1. Currently only a one route static scheduler is implemented. Dynamic scheduler and multiple routes static scheduler need to be implemented.
2. The current test is in command line. A GUI is needed, maybe Unity.
3. Recorders for recording value changes need to be inserted to current version for further analysis of the simulation result.
Frank, Li, Eric S and I discussed what sort of simulation we want to make and what things we need for the simulation. Eric S and I chose a existing bus-route in Eindhoven lijn 3. The bus-route consist of 18 bus-stops. Eric S and I wrote down the travel time and distance between each bus-stop. therefor we used Google earth and the site of Hermes. After that we added the shortcuts with associated distance and time. I made a system in Microsoft Visio, so it's clear and Li and Frank can use it.Media:busroute2.png
Checking the report.
Combining all documents in one report.
Look what still has to be done.